Need to clear out space in a spare bedroom to start your business? Feeling overwhelmed with the amount of stuff in your garage? Or maybe you’re moving into a smaller home and need a place to keep your extra furniture. Whatever situation you find yourself in, Phelps Investments in Niceville, Florida, can help. Our clean, reliable storage facility on Junction Road on John Sims Parkway in the heart of Niceville has the storage solution for you, whether you’re looking for a traditional storage unit, climate-controlled, boat storage or RV storage. With units from 10×10 to 30×30, you can find the perfect size for your needs.
Store on Your Own Time
At Phelps Investments, your convenience comes first. Our self-storage facility features fully fenced and well-lit aisles & buildings, digital camera surveillance, and professional on-site management. We also sell boxes, and self-storage materials on-site to help you store and transport your treasured possessions.
Does one of your New Year resolutions include decluttering your home or garage? Phelps Investments offers both mini and climate-controlled storage options.
Climate controlled storage is perfect for items that need to be protected from the extreme hot temperatures of Florida’s climate. Our climate-controlled storage is kept between 55- and 85-degrees year around.
Dryer Sheets: Add dryer sheets to boxes to keep pesky spiders and insects away. Be sure to add them to the boxes nearest the door and replace them monthly.
Breathable Containers: Breathable containers will help items avoid moisture build-up as the weather changes throughout the year.
Storage Organization: Always place items that are most used at the front of your unit. Create a small aisle so you are still able to access items in the back of your unit year around.
Furniture: If you’re storing couches and chairs on their sides, remember to rotate and flip them monthly. This will reduce the damage or denting to the arms of your furniture over time. Storing furniture vertically will create more space for additional boxes or home items.
Packing: Before you get to your unit, pack the truck backwards to make moving items into your unit easier.
Phelps Investments is conveniently located in central Niceville; just a short drive from Crestview, Fort Walton Beach and Destin. Check availability by calling us today!
Hurricane season isn’t over until November 31st, and being prepared is vital to “weathering the storm”. Batteries, bottled water, canned food and more should always be a part of preparedness for this season.
Tip: Keep your possessions away from the walls and try to keep your possessions off the concrete floors. This goes especially for electrical appliances such as TVs and computers as lightning does travel through the steel rebar in the concrete floors.
IMPORTANT FEMA INFORMATION:
Families and individuals need to consider their specific needs to ensure they have the right supplies to manage by themselves during the first 10 days following a disaster.
- Store a gallon of water per person per day, for drinking and sanitation. In case your water supply runs out, pre-identify safe sources of water, use water filters or boil water if you are unsure about its cleanliness. Have disposable cups available and remember to clean the water containers after using them.
- Gather a 10-day supply of non-perishable foods for each person in the household. Individuals with special diets and allergies will need particular attention as will babies, toddlers and the elderly. Nursing mothers may need liquid formula. Part of the grocery shopping for the 10 days of supplies should include cleaning products for our homes as well as ourselves.
- Canned dietetic foods, juices and soups may be helpful for ill or elderly people.
- Have enough hand sanitizer, antibiotic ointment, hygienic products, diapers and wipes available for children and older adults.
- Make sure to have food and water for your pet. Be sure your pet is wearing a collar with updated identification tags with the pet’s name, owner’s name, address and phone number.
- Have at hand a favorite toy, stuffed animal, books and coloring book and crayons for the younger members of the family.
Make a Family Communications Plan
As roads may be impassable and cell phone service may be disrupted, identify alternate ways of staying in touch with loved ones.
- Choose an out of town friend or relative as a point of contact.
- Decide on a meeting place in case you cannot return home.
- Keep important documents and phone numbers with you at all times.
- Ensure children are included in preparedness conversations and make sure they have emergency contacts memorized or saved in a secure place.
- Identify the closest shelter in case you are ordered to leave your home, and let your family know its location.
Listen for the most up-to-date information before, during and after a disaster.
- Local media will provide evacuation orders, details about evacuation routes and shelter locations.
- Make sure your battery-powered radio is working and you have extra batteries.
- Download the FEMA App at fema.gov/mobile-app to receive severe weather alerts, safety tips and much more. Stay updated with weather-related alerts from the U.S. National Weather Service.
Are you looking for an easy storage solution for your household items? Parkway East offers affordable climate controlled storage in Niceville, Florida. Self storage is beneficial to those that have closet bursting at the seams with holiday items, boxes, etc.
Household Items for Climate Controlled Storage
Furniture: Wood and leather furniture can be stored in climate controlled units. Parkway East controls the humidity and temperature in the storage buildings, so exposed furniture will not warp, crack or become damaged over time due to the elements.
Appliances: Are you renovating your kitchen or laundry room and need a safe and secure place to hold your items? Climate controlled storage units will protect the unit from excess heat, humidity or water, preventing possibly rust or mold buildup. It is important to open the appliance doors while in storage.
Collectables: Climate controlled storage units are ideal for collectables such as books, comics, stamps, etc. These units will prevent moisture, mildew and humidity from damaging the pages or quality of these items.
Clothing: Closet space is sometimes limited and keeping winter or summer items securely stored for the next year’s use is extremely important. It is recommended to pack your clothing items into plastic storage bins over cardboard boxes; add a dryer sheet or two to each container.
Additional items that call for a climate controlled storage unit include photos, important documents and electronics. If you’re looking for climate controlled storage in Niceville, contact us today.
Welcome to Parkway East’s website! Please check back frequently for news on our self storage, climate controlled storage, boat storage, apartments and commercial properties.